Truvada Side Effects. What are the side effects of Truvada, a drug used to treat patients with HIV/AIDS? According to truvada.com, the drug has serious side effects which you should watch out for. These are:
1. Lactic acidosis or buildup of an acid in the blood the symptoms of which are as follows:
- You feel very weak or tired.
- You have unusual (not normal) muscle pain.
- You have trouble breathing.
- You have stomach pain with nausea and vomiting.
- You feel cold, especially in your arms and legs.
- You feel dizzy or lightheaded.
- You have a fast or irregular heartbeat.